DEMOCRACY VANGUARD is an appeal to world citizens and freedom loving peoples across the planet, in an effort to protect, encourage and promote the democratic values that allow for freedom of speech, freedom of thought and freedom of religion to be exercised.
The guiding principles that DEMOCRACY VANGUARD stands for are the following:
Democracy, Freedom and Individual rights and responsibilities:
1. DEMOCRACY VANGUARD sustains the underlying belief that democracy is the only and finest way to preserve individual freedoms and liberties.
2. DEMOCRACY VANGUARD believes in the liberties and freedoms of every individual, and appeals to the social, civic and ethical responsibilities that freedom and liberty demand from those that enjoy them.
Economy and fiscal policy:
3. DEMOCRACY VANGUARD believes in a small, fiscally conservative government, where individual choice, entrepreneurship, citizen empowerment, and individual initiative prevail over government intervention, government spending, and government regulation. DEMOCRACY VANGARD appeals to constraints on government spending, a balanced budget, and lower taxes.
4. DEMOCRACY VANGUARD believes in the benefits of Free Trade, and appeals to the lowering of trade and non-trade barriers, for the free exchange of goods, services and labor across nations. DEMOCRACY VANGUARD favors free markets, and fair economic competition across industries and nations, in its ultimate goal of benefiting consumers, expanding consumer choice, and making economies more efficient as a whole.
Defense and foreign policy:
5. DEMOCRACY VANGUARD appeals to the world for a strong defense policy, and strong well-equipped standing armies, ready to be called upon at a moment’s notice to defend individual freedoms and human life wherever it might be threatened.
6. DEMOCRACY VANGUARD believes in the need for intervention and sanctions against any nation that threatens the democratic values that are expressed in this mission statement. Furthermore, DEMOCRACY VANGUARD believes in the right and duty of democratic nations to disenfranchise and remove, by any means necessary, any government that threatens the survival of all or part of the civilian population inside the territorial sovereignty over which such governments may preside.
7. DEMOCRACY VANGUARD believes in a multilateral approach to global issues and the use of international organization to this effect. However, DEMOCRACY VANGUARD insists in the need for a faster protocol to be followed by multilateral organizations to deal with immediate and pressing crises that may arise across the globe.
8. DEMOCRACY VANGUARD strongly believes in the duty and right of democratic nations to override the mandates of international institutions at a time of crisis in the hopes of protecting the aforementioned democratic principles, individual freedoms and civilian lives. This appeal arises from the current delays that exist during crisis management by international institutions, and rogue state’s ability to subject international institutions to blackmail, bureaucratic infighting, and coercing member states into submission.
9. DEMOCRACY VANGUARD believes in the need for democratic nations to intervene with all necessary means, including preemptive action if necessary, against any nation that contributes directly or indirectly to the destabilization of any region, or any nation that threatens peace or human life in any part of the globe.